If all copies of the item you want to borrow are on loan, then you can use the Reservation Function in the Library Catalogue System to reserve the book. When you reserve a copy, you will be able to collect the first available copy of that item when it is returned to the library. The current user of the item will receive an email stating that the book has been reserved by another student. However, the current user of the book is not required to bring the book back to the library until the due date. A notification will be sent to the person who made the reservation when the book being requested has been returned. Please go to the circulation desk to check it out within 3 days, otherwise the reservation will be automatically cancelled. The reservation quota for each staff or students is 8.
• The item is NOT on loan.
• The item has already been checked out by you.
• The item is a non-circulating item such as past exam papers.
• The item is not allowed to reserve such as course reserves.
• You have already reached your reservation quota limit (8 items).
• The item itself has reached reservation limit (8 times).