Users can use Self-Borrowing and Returning Machines and 24-Hour Easy Return Machines to check out library materials quickly and easily by themselves. Some items like course reserves, oversized books and inter-branch delivery books cannot be returned or borrowed through the machine, so please go to the Library Circulation Desk.
LIBRARY AT SIP CAMPUS
• SELF-BORROWING AND RETURNING MACHINE : 1F, 4F, 8F
• 24-HOUR EASY RETURN MACHINE :1F
CENTRAL BUILDING ; 1F, EMERGING & INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCE BUILDING
LIBRARY AT TAICANG CAMPUS ：1F
1. Click on “Borrow” then enter your XJTLU ID and Password;
2. Follow the instruction displayed on the screen and place your book(s) in the sensing area;
3. Click on “Borrow”;
4. If the number of books displayed is correct, please click on “Ok”;
5. A small green tick will be displayed when succeed.
1. Click on “Return” and place book(s) in the sensing area；
2. Follow the instruction displayed on the screen and click on “Return”；
3. A small green tick will be displayed when you succeed.
Please place the front cover or back cover of the book faceup; turn the book to the page with the barcode; push the book to the conveyor (Picture 2).
Returning. Please wait a moment.
Returning successful. Return another book or press “EXIT: to leave.
Returning failed. Please go to Library Circulation Desk for help.
a. Please place / input the books one-by-one when borrowing or returning.
b. Please check your account information before borrowing.
c. There is no need to swipe your ID card when returning books.
d. Please take good care of the borrowed books.
e. Please remember to take your ID card and the borrowed books when leaving.
f. In the case of unsuccessful borrowing or returning with this machine, please go to the Library Service Counter for assistance.
a. The book with green dot on the side is not available for taking out.
b. CDs and DVDs cannot be borrowed or returned by this machine.
c. The book which has been reserved by other users cannot be borrowed or returned with this machine.
d. The books with a nonstandard Barcode location cannot be borrowed or returned by this machine.
e. Oversized books cannot be returned by this machine.